Wednesday 9 February 2011

Lactic Cow Cheese #1

I decided to make a lactic cow cheese. I followed the same procedure as the lactic goat but without the Penacillin Candidum. I heated up 2 gallon of pasteurised store bought milk, added 1/4 tsp of lipase, 1/8 Calcium Chloride and let it ripen for a good 30 minutes. I heated this up to 32 bu accident, my heater is a little unpredictable sometimes. I added 1/8 tsp of MA400 started and left this to coagulate at around 21c for 24 hours. That next evening the curds were very much like a yogurt which I scooped into some moulds. Ill leave this overnight and turn in the morning. Ill also salt them each side.



Curds after 24 hours. PH4.2


Scooping curds fragile curds into moulds


Moulds after being filled. The level will drop by
about 75% in the morning.